Adam Scepaniak 07.06.23
When it comes to performance eyewear, whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or shooter, there are several things you want your eye protection to accomplish for you. For one, you need them to protect your eyes from the sun. Secondly, you may want them to enhance the environment you’re seeing; assist your eyes in seeing things. Thirdly, if you are a shooter, you want them to protect your eyes from a ballistic standpoint should debris or metal fragmentations come back at you. A lot of the “performance, ballistic eyewear” on the market today looks flashy, but they fail to do most of these essential tenants. Revision Military accomplishes all three and more by getting truly scientific about their manufacturing process and tailoring glasses to a specific environment. Today, we are going to look at their Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear featuring their proprietary I-Vis Lens Technology. Let’s dive in!
Revision Military Eyewear Coverage on AllOutdoor, TheFirearmBlog, and OutdoorHub
What Is It? – Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology
What authentically makes Revision eyewear different from the rest of the market is how they set about creating their I-Vis Lens Technology and the 6 different offerings within it. They deployed artificial intelligence to identify 6 of the most common environments we find ourselves in from lush green canopies to snow to the desert and more. Then, they didn’t ignorantly and blanket assume to use yellow lenses for all of them like some companies, they devised what hues, tones, and colors of the lenses would enhance the environment the best to create the most vivid image possible for our eyes. They expand on this in their Press Release statement below:
When you’re in the field, your brain is constantly working: identifying threats, making quick decisions, and taking decisive action. No matter where you are in the world you need all your senses to be working in peak form.
Every theater of operation has a range of colors and lighting that define the overall environment. While it would make sense for your eyewear to be adaptable to each of these environments, most protective lenses leave all the work to your eyes and brain to adapt, leading to eye fatigue.
That’s why we developed our new I-Vis lens technology. Using artificial intelligence, we are able to quickly determine the best lens color for each environment based on the color palette of the location along with the prospective light conditions.
The result is a system of lenses that allow you to experience greater color depth in a given environment versus the naked eye. This greater color perception provides faster recognition of threats, both static and active. For example, a soldier using the environmentally appropriate lens is more likely to notice the difference between two shades of brown that indicates the disturbed earth around a buried IED, or it will make a trigger wire stand out from background colors more readily.
Technology – Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology
In order to cover most all of the different environments we as shooters, hunters, and firearm enthusiasts might encounter, Revision Military came up with 6 unique lens types. Those can all be read below in greater detail:
- Verso: Our most technically complex lens designed to thrive in the widest range of environments and settings. This lens excels at separating colors, expanding the volume of color visible to the wearer in many environments. If you’re unsure of the mission profile, this is the lens to use. (VLT: 19%*)
- Aros: Enhances colors found in typical desert environments. It brings out differences between similar shades of brown, tan, yellow, and orange colors while making man-made structures and objects stand out. (VLT: 12%*)
- Cano: Modeled to provide color definition in an environment dominated by greens, browns, and grays. Visual light transmission is maximized for this lens since operations will be conducted in densely forested areas where the canopy heavily shades the terrain. Man-made structures will stand out, as will differences in the foreground landscape. (VLT: 37%*)
- Alto: Suited to dry, high-altitude environments dominated by grays, tans, and blues such as those found in northern Afghanistan. This lens brings out differences in prevalent landscape colors to help troops read terrain and notice man-made structures, roads, and people. (VLT: 12%*)
- Clara: Brings out color definition and contrast in brightly lit areas of white, gray, and blue found in snowy wooded areas, rocks, and mountains. It is modeled for use in northern Europe, Scandinavia, and the Baltics, and Poland. This lens will help the wearer better see the undulations of snowpack, identify recently covered tracks, estimate distances, and makes man-made structures, vehicles, and people stand out. (VLT: 12%*)
- Umbra: Designed to bring out color contrast in overcast, snow-covered scenes that are dominated by whites and grays found in snowy wooded areas, rocks, and mountains. It is modeled for use in northern Europe, Scandinavia, the Baltics, and Poland. This lens will help the wearer better see the undulations of snowpack, identify recently covered tracks, estimate distances, and makes man-made structures, vehicles, and people stand out. (VLT: 48%*)
Field Use – Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology
The Stingerhawk I-Vis Kit eyewear are what you see throughout this review. All 6 lens types of Alto, Cano, Clara, Umbra, Aros, and Verso retail for $107.99 each. The full I-Vis Kit you receive is more than simply a set of glasses because these are tailored for your home or most frequented environments. All of the details for the Stingerhawk I-Vis Kit can be read below:
- Sizes: Regular | Large
- Lens Colors: Alto | Cano | Clara | Umbra | Aros | Verso
- Kit Includes: Ultra-Lightweight Frame, Lens with Black Adjustable Nosepiece, Microfiber Pouch
- Military and Tactical Discount off MSRP available – Click HERE for more Information
- I-VIS LENS TECHNOLOGY: Our system of six I-Vis lenses were developed using artificial intelligence. The resulting lenses allow you to experience greater color depth in a given environment versus the naked eye.
- OCUMAX ANTI-FOG COATING: Tested under EN 166 standards, Revision’s OcuMax Plus is proven to last longer than competing anti-fog solutions by a factor of 10-20 times, is chemical-resistant and prevents scratches, streaks and smears.
- ADJUSTABLE NOSEPIECE: Modify the nosepiece—by extending or retracting—to match your preferred fit and positioning.
- HIGH-IMPACT PROTECTION: Interchangeable, optical grade polycarbonate lenses shield eyes from unexpected fragments, provide 100% protection from harmful UV-A, B and C rays, and ensure distortion-free vision for peak performance.
- COMMS-COMPATIBLE ARMS: Lean arms guarantee a comfortable, stable fit and steady, equipment compatibility.
- FLAWLESS OPTICS: Interchangeable, optical grade polycarbonate lenses shield eyes from unexpected fragments, provide 100% protection from harmful UV-A, B and C rays, and ensure distortion-free vision for peak performance.
With my home state of Minnesota being densely forested areas where the canopy heavily shades the terrain, the Cano lens is perfect for me. I have been deploying them while tending livestock, scouting and hunting turkey, and even more mundane tasks like walking my dogs around the neighborhood. I can confidently say that these lenses perform exactly as advertised for this Cano environment. They enhance my surroundings and give me more depth in my eye sight.
Final Thoughts – Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology
So, what are my final thoughts on the Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology; more specifically, the Stingerhawk I-Vis Kit with the Cano lens set?… For me, they have performed fantastically. Since several of us from AllOutdoor, TheFirearmBlog, and OutdoorHub were invited out to Idaho last October to check these out, I have been sporting them. From wearing them during my morning commute to hunting for Pheasant Back mushrooms and much more. The Cano lens set performs great in a canopy environment and the tech that is I-Vis absolutely works. The only small complaint I have is the price. At $107.99, they are not cheap, but they have a lot more technology wrapped around them and they are not the most expensive eyewear on the market today. They land somewhere in the middle. All in all, we can absolutely recommend these to anyone who believes they would benefit from them.
In closing, I want to say thank you to Revision Military for allowing AllOutdoor and myself the opportunity to try out their Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology. That is greatly appreciated. Also, we would like to know what all of you guys and gals think? Do you believe that the Revision Military Enhanced Ballistic Eyewear with I-Vis Lens Technology is something worth spending your money on? Would you take it with you hunting, hiking, camping, or simply use them at home? As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.