Boonedox was at ICAST this year showing off a new surf fishing product, the Slot Stick surf rod holder. While best known for their kayak accessories like the Groovy Kayak Landing Gear and Groovy T-Bone Bed Extender, it does not mean they aren’t familiar with the needs of anglers in the surf. The Slot Stick rod holders are new premium rod holders for surf anglers targeting redfish from the surf. These rod holders are laser cut from a single piece of aluminum tube, with no sharp corners in any of the cuts for maximum strength. They are vinyl wrapped with a redfish-patterned fish ruler that goes up to 18 inches, the minimum size limit for Redfish in NC, GA, and FL. From that 18-inch mark to the end of the Slot Stick is exactly 27 inches which is also the upper end of the slot for redfish as well, so any redfish that sits anywhere in the middle is welcome to chill out on some ice.
The Slot Stick ships with a BDX No-Stick towel that is attached to a D-Clip. That clip does double duty and acts as the bottom of the rod holder and can be moved up or down the rod holder in the precut holes to adjust how deep your surf rod sits in the holder. The Slot Stick is available now on the Boonedox website and retails for $69.95 for one, or $269.95 for a four pack.
Boonedox Slot Stick Key Features
- Single Piece Aluminum construction
- Laser Cut for precision
- “BDX” No-Stink towel attached for quick and easy clean up
- Rod holder vinyl wrapped in Redfish pattern with fish ruler
- The top cutout of the rod holder is 18″ up to 27″ (the Slot limit for Redfish/Red Drum in North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida)
- Rubber padding at the top of the Slot Stick for your fishing pole to rest comfortably on
- Laser Cut bottle opener for added utility
- Rod height adjustable with the use of multiple holes and included D-Clip
- MSRP – $69.95 for 1 or $269.95 for 4
- Available now
Special thanks to the Boonedox staff here at ICAST 2023, and stick around for more ICAST coverage. Also, let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we appreciate your feedback.