Nomad Design has brought out one of the fastest commercially made trolling plugs for ICAST this year, the new Madscad 190 AT – Squall Runner. While those familiar with Nomad Design products will know the Madscad line as generally a casting lure, the two larger sizes can be trolled, albeit just slower than other options. The new Madscad 190 Squall Runner is solely a trolling lure, coming in at 7-3/4oz is a couple of ounces heavier than the existing 190s. It also is capable of running at 18 knots plus with a great S shape swimming pattern.
Just like other Nomad Design lures the Madscad 190 Squall Runner has all the key features such as metal matrix, diamond armor, and the HD ABS system. But this time it the Squall Runner has been built a little beefier to handle high-speed trolling, along with the introduction of the autotune system to make sure it swims true. Expect these to hit the stores around December 2023 to January 2024, with a price tag around the $35 mark.
Madscad 190 AT Squall Runner Key Features
- Autotune System Technology – Developed over years of R&D, the Patented Autotune System gives the lure the ability to perfectly centre itself at the tow point delivering 3 key benefits, the ability to ensure the lure always swims straight, increasing diving depth and increased troll speed.
- HD ABS System – An extra strong white plastic for overall strength and durability.
- Diamond Armour – Internal mesh system, internal strengthening design for transparent colours.
- Gorilla Through Wire – Welded and supported for extra strength.
- Metal Matrix Plate – Stainless steel plate system.
- Terminal – Heavy duty BKK hooks and terminals. BKK Viper 4X Trebles 5/0 and DEEP 12/0 single
- Length – 7-1/2″
- Weight – 7-3/4oz
- Depth – 3-5ft
- Action – Sinking
- Use – Trolling 6-18kn+
- Available – Quarter 1 of 2024
- MSRP – $34.99
Special thanks to the Nomad Design staff here at ICAST 2023, and stick around for more ICAST coverage. Also, let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we appreciate your feedback.