Adam Scepaniak 08.14.23
When it comes to being in the outdoors two tools that we often take with us are a laser rangefinder as well as a quality set of binoculars. Then, we not only are able to range things, but see them in better clarity as well. So, why not couple those technologies together though? That is exactly what SIG Sauer has done with their Kilo Canyon Rangefinding Binocular 10x42mm.
SIG Sauer Coverage on AllOutdoor
The SIG Sauer Kilo Canyon Rangefinding Binocular 10x42mm has an MSRP of $809.99. At a magnification of 10x, you should be able to see targets and game animals quite easily that you are trying to range. Then, factor in that you have 4 different ranging modes including an Archery mode and this rangefinding binocular becomes quite the value proposition. The full specification listing can be read below as presented by SIG Sauer:
- 10×42 mm binocular with SpectraCoat™ anti-reflection coatings for superior light transmission and optical clarity
- Revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP Technology for the fastest and longest distance rangefinder engine
- Scan mode ranges and updates four times per second, and RangeLock reports the closes, furthest, or most recent range result.
- Ranging modes include: Line of Sight, Angle Modified Range, Ballistic Groups, and Archery Mode
- 8 onboard ballistic groups provide shooting solutions in either MOA or MRAD
- Archery Mode gives accurate shoot-to distances for up/down angle shots
- Range displayed in either yards or meters to one-tenth y/m resolution
- Red OLED illuminated display
- Rugged rubber armor with eyecup and diopter adjustment
Introducing SIG SAUER’S all-new CANYON™ RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR. Blending SIG’S experience in designing best-in-class laser rangefinder technologies with premium glass optics, The CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR provides a single feature-rich solution for every hunter and shooter. Leveraging the revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP technology, the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR’S powerful rangefinder engine provides lightning-quick data out to 4,000 yards on reflective surfaces and 1,500 yards on non-reflective targets like deer and elk. Eight onboard ballistic groups provide shooting solutions in either MRAD or MOA, as well as SIG’s proprietary Archery Mode, the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR brings accuracy to your fingertips in a split second. Its bright red OLED illuminated display makes it easy to read data no matter your environment, while SpectraCoat™ anti-reflective lens coatings provide superior light transmission and optical clarity. Gone are the days of ballistic charts taped to lens caps or rifle stocks. Lighten your load afield and let the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR do your heavy lifting.
While the pricepoint of $809.99 might deter some buyers, you need to factor in that you are receiving both a binocular and rangefinder all-in-one. So, that is some pretty awesome technology all tied into one. So, if you are heading out into the field this fall and are in need of some new optics, this one from SIG Sauer might be worth your while. As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.